Training is mandatory for faculty, staff, and students engaged in activities involving recombinant DNA and/or unfixed biological materials.
Training is through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI).
Instructions for training:
- Open a web browser and proceed to www.citiprogram.org
- Click the “New Users Register Here” link to create a new account.
- Section 1. Select your institution or organization: choose “Rhode Island College” from the Participating Institutions pull-down list. Leave the other pull-down lists blank.
- Section 2. Select your Username and Password: choose a username and password that you will remember and note them for your records.
- Section 3. Enter your name: put your first and last name.
- Section 4. Enter your email address: list a preferred email address.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to continue.
- Next page opens with a table entitled, “Please provide the following information requested by Rhode Island College.”
- Complete each row marked as mandatory with a red asterisk. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to continue.
- Next page is entitled, “Select Curriculum - Rhode Island College”. Here you enroll in one course for each learner group in which training is offered. Once your account is created you can enroll in as many courses as you want or need. There is no need to pick one course in each content area unless you have been specifically requested to do so. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to continue.
- Next page states “At this point you can register with another institution.” You can add affiliations at any point in the future. Most individuals should click the No button to remain affiliated with Rhode Island College only.
- Your account creation is complete. You may now take and enroll in courses, change learner groups and affiliations, and perform other account maintenance.
- Once you have completed a course the RIC Office of Research and Grants will receive confirmation.