Rhode Island College will be teaching, learning and working in a predominately remote environment as we start the academic year. We are deeply committed to maintaining our high quality, high value education while keeping our students, faculty and staff healthy and safe this coming academic year.
This website contains key elements of our plan. Yet, we are mindful that despite the many hours that have gone into developing our plan, things are sure to change. We will remain agile and flexible in our thinking in order to preserve the health and safety of our community.
We would like to take a moment to express our deep appreciation and gratitude to members of the campus planning team for their tireless effort and commitment in developing these plans. Their work is a testament of the college’s pledge to promote a healthy and safe environment and while delivering the highest quality experience for our campus community.
Important COVID-19 Information and Resources
If you have an urgent health matter:
- If you are a resident student, please contact Student Health Services at (401) 456-8055.
- If you are a commuter student, faculty or staff please contact your Primary Care Physician, or in the case of an emergency dial 911. You may also call Student Health Services for support.
Students Living in the Residence Halls:
- If you are experiencing symptoms and require a COVID-19 test, please call Student Health Services at (401) 456-8055 to make an appointment.
- If you are part of RIC asymptomatic testing program (e.g., teach in-person classes, student athletes, clinical students, employees with customer-facing roles, etc.) you may be required to get tested once a week
- Testing takes place in the Recreation Center on campus during the following days/times.
Please bring current RIC ID card to the testing center.
- Mondays – 9 a.m. – Noon
- Tuesdays – 9 a.m. – Noon
- Wednesdays – 3 p.m. -6pm
- Thursdays – 9 a.m. – Noon
- RIC employee with a COVID-19 related HR concern, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 456-8216.
- If you would like to fill out a COVID-19 report related to a visual/verbal screening please click here
- If you are a student or know of a student with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 please click here
Send us an email
RIC HOPE Line
Do you feel distressed or wish to speak with someone? Call the 24/7 Rhode Island College HOPE line: 401-456-HOPE (4673).
Follow @RICNEWS on Facebook and Twitter.