Summer Seminar for Hybrid Teaching and Learning
Going Hybrid? Teaching and Learning in the Online Environment
When:June 3rd - 7th, 2013
Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-12:30, with some asynchronous online work each day.
Who: Full-time faculty who have some experience with Blackboard and are interested in converting a face-to-face course into a hybrid (blended) learning environment; also, fulltime faculty who would like to reflect on and rework an existing hybrid course.
Faculty Who Are Accepted into This Program Will...
- Participate in a week-long workshop this summer, June 3-7;
- Offer a hybrid course in Fall 2013 or Spring 2014;
- Participate in follow-up meetings three times during the term you are teaching to share successes and challenges;
- Participate in an FCTL-sponsored event where you share your successes and challenges with your colleagues;
- Receive a professional development allowance of $700 upon completion of all activities. This professional development allowance may be used for the purchase of technology to support teaching and learning.
Go to http://www.ric.edu/CMSUploads/15/SSHTL2013Application.pdf