NOTICE : Dec. 26 and Jan. 2 - Holiday office closures. Click for details.
Academic Development Center
If you are preparing to take the PRAXIS® CORE Academic Skills for Educators (Core) Tests for admission to the Feinstein School of Education and Human Development, the following learning skills specialist and graduate assistants are happy to meet with you. They are also available to help with preparation for PRAXIS II teaching certification exams, the HESI, and N-CLEX.
The Academic Development Center is located in Craig-Lee Hall 154. Feel free to call the OASIS front desk at 401-456-8083 to schedule an appointment or to request additional information.
Jayne Nightingale, Coordinator, Academic Advisor
Jennifer Sousa, Coordinator, Learning Skills Specialist
Allison Fernandes, Graduate Assistant
Ellen Nanni, Graduate Assistant
Colleen O’Donnell, Graduate Assistant
Giancarlo Ricci, Graduate Assistant
Joshua Silverman, Graduate Assistant
Emily Woratzeck, Graduate Assistant
The following subject tutoring is also available in the Academic Development Center with the graduate students listed below:
- Allison Fernandes – Psychology 110, 215, 221, 230, and 320; Sociology 200, 207, 300, and 302; Political Science 202; and CORE Writing
- Ellen Nanni – Art (all classes); History 103, 104, and CORE Reading
- Colleen O’Donnell BSN, RN, CEN – Nursing prerequisites (Biology 231, 335, and 348); Nursing courses and standardized tests
- Giancarlo Ricci – General Education Literature; Philosophy (most courses); English 201 and 202; CORE Writing
- Joshua Silverman – Chemistry 103, 105; Biology 108, 231; Psychology 110, 215, 221, 230 CORE Mathematics
- Emily Woratzeck – Art (all classes); Biology 100, 108; CORE Reading
Academic and linguistic skills help is offered for the ELL student individually or in a small group.
Hours By Appointment
Fall & Spring Semesters
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am – 6:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:00pm|