All Faculty and Staff Email is now in Office 365. Do you need assistance?
Financial Planning Program
Certificate of Graduate Study (C.G.S.) in Financial Planning
The C.G.S. in financial planning is a program of 18 credit hours (six courses) that prepares candidates to sit for the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ without having to complete a master's program. Completion of the required course work meets CFP Board’s requirements for eligibility.
For information contact Program Coordinator:
Alger Hall 204
- Completed application form accompanied by a fifty-dollar nonrefundable application fee.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with a minimum grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.00.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- Two courses in financial accounting, macroeconomics, and statistics/quantitative methods.
- Completion of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), with a minimum score of 450.
A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in program course work.
Students must consult with their assigned advisor before they will be able to register for courses.Financial Planning C.G.S. Course Requirements
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the trademarks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and certification marks in the U.S., which it awards to individual who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Rhode Island College does not certify individuals to use the CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and certification marks. CFP® certification is granted solely by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. to individuals who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met ethics, experience and examination requirements.