Skip Repetitive Navigation Links
Program / Learning Goals
- Graduates will be well grounded in all aspects of personal financial planning, including income tax and estate planning, retirement planning, investment allocation and risk management.
- Graduates will have the ability to perform basic research on tax planning issues.
- Graduates will have the ability to prepare a comprehensive personal financial plan for an individual.
- Graduates will be well grounded in fundamental accounting knowledge relating to financial statement preparation and analysis, management decision making, internal controls and business processes, and principles of federal income taxation.
- Graduates will be able to analyze, integrate and communicate complex information to facilitate management decision making.
- Graduates will be able to work well in a team and communicate results effectively, in both oral and written form.
- Graduates will be able to think analytically and critically, and research basic problems independently.
- Graduates will be aware of their professional responsibilities concerning ethical choices they will encounter in the accounting and financial reporting area.
Computer Information Systems Major
- Graduates will understand the roles of information systems in organizations and be able to utilize these systems for organizational process improvements.
- Graduates will be able to develop information systems, which achieve the goals of the organization while identifying and evaluating sourcing alternatives.
- Graduates will understand and be able to address the information requirements of organizations, including data security and risk management.
- Graduates will understand the opportunities created by technology innovations and how these impact organizations.
- Graduates will understand the design and management of the enterprise architecture and infrastructure.
- Graduates will have a basic level of competency in programming, logic skills, and computer literacy.