Submitting Departmental Honors Projects, Master's Theses, Doctoral Dissertations or C.A.G.S. (theses)
Titles of dissertations and theses (including CAGS) should be no longer than 60 characters including spacing. Each copy should include a title page (see your advisor for formatting instructions) and a completed signature/approval page signed in blue ink. Model title and approval pages for Honors Theses are available at the Honors webpage under Departmental Honors Projects. Model title and approval pages for master's theses and CAGS field projects can be found in Appendices B6 and B7 of the Graduate Studies Manual. The Program Handbook for the Ph.D. Program in Education shows the dissertation format for the title page and approval sheet on pages 57 and 58. Students are requested to print out the Deposit and Access Agreement Form and submit with their project. The library will cover the cost of binding for six copies (two library copies, a departmental copy and up to three personal copies). All six copies must be printed on one side of the archival acid free paper only.
- Library Copies--Students should submit two paper copies to the Adams Library: one for Special Collections and the other for the library's circulating collection.
- Departmental Copies--One or more copies may be required; students should check with their principal advisor to learn of departmental policies.
- Personal Copies--Students may also submit three personal copies for binding at no cost. An additional two personal copies may be obtained at the cost of $6.18 each, paid at the time of request by check made out to James P. Adams Library.
- Digital Copies--Students should also submit a digital copy (Word document or PDF) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in DigitalCommons@RIC, the Institutional Repository of Rhode Island College. In the subject line of your email containing your digital copy, please include your last name and the type of thesis (I.e. Jespersen, Honors or James, MAT).
- Copies should be turned in to the Technical Services Department, room 201 of Adams Library. Call Chhann Ya (401) 456-1903 or Linda McEnery (401) 456-1902 for an appointment.
- All paperwork including title page, signature/approval pages, and completed Deposit and Access Agreement Form must be turned in with project
- Payment for additional personal copies must be made at time of drop off.
Students will be notified once bound copies are available for pick up from the library. An appointment for pick up should be scheduled with Ray Hartenstine of the Technical Services department by calling (401) 456-1905.
Questions? Contact: Chhann Ya (401) 456-1903 / email@example.com or Linda McEnery (401) 456-1902 / firstname.lastname@example.org.