Skip Repetitive Navigation Links


Apply Now

Undergraduate degree candidates in good academic standing who withdraw from Rhode Island College will be eligible to re-register without completing a formal application for readmission, unless they have taken courses at another institution during their absence or have any course credit(s) 10 years old or older. Registration materials will be mailed to students for three consecutive semesters. After three semesters, students may call the Records Office to request registration materials.

Undergraduate degree candidates who have been dismissed for academic reasons or who have withdrawn and taken courses at another institution, or have any prior courses which are ten years old or older, must apply for readmission to degree status.

Applying for Readmission

Students interested in being readmitted to Rhode Island College should submit:
  1. A completed Common Application and RIC Supplement, available at, and nonrefundable $50 application fee.
  2. Official transcripts from all college(s) attended since you have been a student at Rhode Island College whether you desire or expect transfer credit. The Admissions Office will obtain a copy of your Rhode Island College transcript.



Other Considerations

10-year Rule

Upon readmission, Rhode Island College credit earned more than ten years prior to the date of readmission will be treated as transfer credit and evaluated under the current transfer model. Courses which are 10 years old or older in which the student earned a grade of "C" or higher will be awarded elective credit or, if appropriate, general education credit. The chair of the student's major department may evaluate how or if specific major course credit is to be awarded. If you do not wish to have the 10-year rule applied, contact the Admissions Office at Even if the 10-rule rule is waived, the department chair must still approve courses applicable to the major.

Improving GPA for Readmission

Students who need to improve their RIC GPA in order to be eligible to apply for readmission should plan to retake those courses at RIC as a non-degree student. Repeating the course at another institution will not change a RIC GPA, nor may the course be counted for transfer credit.


Page last updated: April 22, 2020