In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in an elementary and secondary school under the supervision of cooperating teachers and a college supervisor. This is a full-semester assignment. Graded S, U.
10 credit hours
- ARTE 505, CEP 552, FNED 546; concurrent enrollment in ARTE 562
- a cumulative GPA of 3.00 a full semester prior to student teaching
- satisfactory completion of all required courses in the M.A.T. program in art education prior to student teaching
- a minimum grade of C+ in all professional education courses
- and a negative result from the required tuberculin test
- passing score(s) on the Praxis II, approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio