Skip Repetitive Navigation Links
Course Instructor’s Responsibilities
- Class instructor or Department Chair shall approve the internship job before student starts his/her internship job.
- Class instructor will get in touch with the intern’s job supervisor as soon as “Class Information Form” is provided by student.
- Class instructor may communicate with job supervisor to track performance and improvements of student intern.
- The first contact will provide job supervisor documents on Internship course Requirements/Responsibilities for all involved parties, and copy of Final Evaluation.
- The class instructor will advise student interns regarding their internship responsibilities, professional development and shall initiate job related discussions or presentations in class.
- The final contact with job supervisor will request job supervisor to fill up and return a final evaluation on student intern’s performance which will be used for grading purposes.
- The class instructor is also responsible for grading students based on attendance, self-evaluation forms, PP Presentation, Reflection Paper and supervisor’s evaluation.
- The faculty will be the liaison between School of Business at RIC and business where the student is placed and will be available to facilitate a smooth productive internship experience.