Master of Science in Operations Management
The Rhode Island College Master of Science in Operations Management program is designed to provide knowledge and skills that can be applied at the strategic and operational levels of both for-profit and not-for- profit organizations. The program focuses on managing those processes that produce and distribute goods and services and in effectively leading and shaping the workplace in which those processes are carried out. Practitioners who seek applied, functional knowledge and skills will benefit from this program in Operations Management.
Professor, Management and Marketing
- Completed application form accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- Three academic or professional letters of recommendation addressing the student’s potential to succeed in a graduate program.
- Completion of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). NOTE: Candidates with a degree in Business from Rhode Island College or the University of Rhode Island with a 3.0 GPA in the major will exempt the applicant from the GMAT/GRE requirement.
This graduate program prepares students for operations management related careers and meets the needs of current practitioners. An introductory course presents an advanced synthesis of operations management concepts and techniques from a strategic perspective. Core courses develop knowledge and skills in the areas of leadership, change and project management, and analytical methods. Interpersonal collaboration is also advanced throughout the curriculum. Restricted electives develop knowledge in specific content areas such as health care administration operations OR information technology operations, logistics, and supply chain management. The capstone to the program is an applied project.
Master of Science in Operations Management Program Plan of Study
||12 credits (minimum)
Introductory Course - 3 credits
MGT 455 Global Logistics and Enterprise Management (3 cr.)
Core Skills - 12 credits
MGT 530 Analytics, Data Analysis and Decision Making (4 cr.)
MGT 536 Creating and Leading High-Performance Teams (4 cr.)
MGT 537 High Performance Project Management (4 cr.)
Project - 4 credits
MGT 590 Directed Research Seminar (4 cr.)
Electives - 12 credits
Twelve credits (minimum) from the content areas listed below in any combination:
MGT 542 Project Risk and Cost Management (4 cr.)
MGT 543 Project Communications Management (4 cr.)
MGT 544 Program Management (4 cr.)
Supply Chain Management
MGT 545 Production and Inventory Management (4 cr.)
MGT 546 Logistics (4 cr.)
MGT 547 Supply Chain Management (4 cr.)
Health Care Administration Operations
HCA 501 Introduction to the U.S. Health Care System (3 cr.)
HCA 537 Performance Improvement in Healthcare (3 cr.)
HCA 547 Transformational Leadership in Health Care Organizations (3 cr.)
For additional information please contact: