TRAFFIC AND PARKING COMMITTEE
A. Powers and Duties
The Committee shall:
1. Report to Council on any changes to the Traffic and Parking Regulations for Rhode Island College.
2. Receive, review, and make appropriate decisions relative to all requests for special parking privileges.
3. Consider and make recommendations to Council on all matters pertaining to traffic and parking not specifically addressed in the Traffic and Parking Regulations for Rhode Island College. Such policies shall be published and made available to the College community.
4. Maintain a file specifying the procedures by which internal decisions of the Committee are made; said file shall be available to all members of the College community on request.
5. The Chair, or designee, shall have the authority to respond immediately to special requests, subjects to the approval of the Committee at its next meeting.
The Committee shall consist of nine members:
1. Two faculty members, appointed by the Committee on Committees to serve for staggered two-year terms.
2. Two student members, appointed by Student Parliament, for one-year terms.
3. One administrator, appointed by the President.
4. One member from the professional staff, appointed by the President of Rhode Island College.
5. One member from among classified employees appointed by the appropriate union president, in even numbered years, Local #2878; in odd numbered years, Local #2879.
6. The Director of Security, ex-officio, non-voting.
7. The Director of Facilities and Operations, ex-officio, non-voting.
COMPILER'S NOTE: Articles XXIII.B.4. and XXIII.B.5. were amended by a vote of Council on September 14, 2001, and subsequently approved by the President on October 12, 2001, to specify the respective appointing authorities of the members representing the professional and classified staffs. The amendments were made effective immediately.