COVID-19 Response Information
At RIC Counseling Center (RIC CC), we recognize that many of you juggle classes, internships, and jobs. During this time of uncertainty due to the coronavirus, it’s normal to feel an increase in stress and sense of isolation. As a form of support, we are providing a “drop in” video-group for any RIC student who wishes to connect with others and process experiences. The group will be held on Wednesdays from 2-3 p.m. If you are interested in joining the group, please complete the consent form and send it to
The RIC Counseling Center cares about the mental and physical well-being of our students and College community. As such, we have implemented the following changes. Please note that as this situation continues to evolve, our policies may be updated to reflect necessary changes.
- Until further notice, all students should call the Counseling Center to schedule an appointment.
- Until further notice, face-to-face appointments will not take place at this time but will occur through another platform. Information will be sent once appointment is confirmed.
- Our staff remains available over the phone during our business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
- Any time of day or night you can call the RIC HOPE Line, and speak with a licensed clinician 401-456-HOPE (4673)
- If you have a question about an appointment with us, or our services please call our main telephone number: 401-456-8094, and leave a voice mail, including your name, phone number and best times to reach you. Someone will be in touch shortly during our business hours.
- Groups are cancelled until further notice.
RIC HOPE Line
Do you feel distressed? Do you wish to speak with someone? Please call the 24/7 Rhode Island College HOPE line: 401-456-HOPE (4673). The HOPE line is in addition to the counseling center and has been established to provide continuous support to our campus community. Please note that if you are in need of immediate support, please dial 911 and proceed to your local emergency room.