All Faculty and Staff Email is now in Office 365. Do you need assistance?
Counseling, Educational Leadership, and School Psychology Department Staff
AdmissionsTo be considered for admission, all applicants must provide the following:
- A completed application form accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records..
- A minimum of three undergraduate or graduate courses in psychology, including child or adolescent development, personality, and abnormal psychology.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of B (3.00 on a 4.00 scale) in undergraduate course work, and a minimum GPA of 3.25 in previous graduate work.
- An official record of scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- A professional goals essay.
- Performance based evaluation.
- Three letters of recommendation accompanied by candidate rating forms.
- An interview.
- A resume/CV.
Admission of Transfer StudentsTransfer students interested in school psychology certification who apply to the program with a master's degree in counseling or a related field must complete the courses for the Master of Arts in Counseling with a concentration in Educational Psychology before moving on to advanced graduate study courses specific to school psychology. Application procedures and admission requirements are the same as above plus:
- A master's degree in counseling, educational psychology, or related field.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.25 in previous graduate work.
The deadline for students to submit a complete application packet is February 1st. No late materials will be accepted; if materials are late your application packet will be considered in the next application cycle.
|Submission Deadline||Earliest Admission Point|
|Postmarked February 1st||Fall Semester|