Counseling, Educational Leadership, and School Psychology Department Staff
Adams Library (AL)
AdmissionsTo be considered for admission, all applicants must provide the following:
- A completed application form accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records..
- A minimum of three undergraduate or graduate courses in psychology, including child or adolescent development, personality, and abnormal psychology.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of B (3.00 on a 4.00 scale) in undergraduate course work, and a minimum GPA of 3.25 in previous graduate work.
- An official record of scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- A professional goals essay.
- Performance based evaluation.
- Three letters of recommendation accompanied by candidate rating forms.
- An interview.
- A resume/CV.
Admission of Transfer StudentsTransfer students interested in school psychology certification who apply to the program with a master's degree in counseling or a related field must complete the courses for the Master of Arts in Counseling with a concentration in Educational Psychology before moving on to advanced graduate study courses specific to school psychology. Application procedures and admission requirements are the same as above plus:
- A master's degree in counseling, educational psychology, or related field.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.25 in previous graduate work.
The deadline for students to submit a complete application packet is February 1st. No late materials will be accepted; if materials are late your application packet will be considered in the next application cycle.
|Submission Deadline||Earliest Admission Point|
|Postmarked February 1st||Fall Semester|