The data in the dashboard is based on processed test results as of the date the dashboard was updated. Numbers of cases may change on a daily basis.
Current Positive Cases (11/18/2020-12/2/2020)
Current Positive Cases by Status
Current Positive Cases by Test Type/Site
Currently, Rhode Island College has 20 active COVID19 cases (identified between November 18th and December 2nd).
Three quarters (75%) of cases are off-campus students, while 15% are on-campus students, and 10% are faculty/staff.
• Over half (55%) of cases were identified through a symptomatic test conducted off campus, 10% were identified through an off-campus asymptomatic test, 20% were identified through an on-campus asymptomatic test, and 15% were identified through a symptomatic test conducted on campus.
Cumulative Positive Cases (8/27/2020 - 12/2/2020)
Cumulative Positive Cases by Status
Cumulative Positive Cases by Test Type/Site
Cumulative Positive Cases by Month
- Rhode Island College has had a total of 100 positive COVID19 cases between the time tracking began in August and December 2, 2020.
- More than half of all cases (56) were identified in November, while 9 were identified in August, 18 in September, and 17 in October.
- Off-campus students account for the majority of cases (73%), while on-campus students comprise 13% of cases and faculty/staff comprise 14% of cases.
• 58% of cases were identified through a symptomatic test conducted off campus and roughly a quarter (24%) were detected through an off-campus asymptomatic test. On-campus testing accounts for 18% of cases (asymptomatic, 13%; symptomatic, 5%).
COVID-19 Student Report Form
Consistent with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, state and local officials Rhode Island College has implemented a tool for faculty and staff to report students with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
Should a faculty or staff member learn of a student with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 the student should be informed
NOT to come to campus unless or until cleared through Health Services. It is requested that you:
- Ask the student to remain off campus.
- Ask the student to contact Health Services.
Complete this form so that Health Services may be notified and follow up, as appropriate, with the student.