NOTICE : Dec. 26 and Jan. 2 - Holiday office closures. Click for details.
Software and Equipment
Assistive Technology Lab/Adams Library
The Assistive Technology Lab is designed to provide students with disabilities access to information with the use of adaptive devices. This lab is located across from the reserve desk in the Adams Library which is accessible during normal library hours of operation.
- 4 -745 Dell Optiplex Intel Core 2 duo Processor, 2.4GHz, DVD+/- RW, 80GB hard drive, and 2.0GB RAM
- 4 Dell 22" Widescreen High-Definition LCD Flat Panel Display
- 1 Dell Network Printer
- Voyager XL VisualTex
- 3 Epson V750 Perfection Scanners
- 1 Epson Perfection 4490 Scanner
- 1 Clearview Optelec Enlarger
At-Lab Additional Installs
- Magic ver 10.5
- Jaws ver 9.0.519
- Dragon Naturally Speaking ver 9.5
- Kurzweil 3000 Personal Reader ver 12
- Equipment availability varies
- Access to the above requires registration with the Disability Services Center and referral to the Assistive Technology Lab.
Disability Services Center
The following equipment is available for students to borrow from the Disability Services Center:
- FM System Assistive Listening Devices (for hearing impaired)
- Digital Voice Recorders with USB cable for transferring recordings to a computer
- MP3 Players for audio books
- Dell Latitude E-Family laptop computers are available, on a limited basis, for testing and/or classroom accommodations.