Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in a middle or senior high school under the supervision of cooperating teachers and college supervisors. This is a full-semester assignment. Graded S, U.
10 credit hours
- approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio
- and a negative result from the required tuberculin test
- graduate students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 a full semester prior to student teaching
- undergraduate and second degree students must complete the community service requirement; passing score(s) on the Praxis II
- undergraduate, second degree, and RITE students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 a full semester prior to student teaching
- a recommendation from the practicum instructor
- prior to student teaching; satisfactory completion of all courses in the major prior to student teaching
- concurrent enrollment in SED 422
- completion of all program requirements and all required education courses, with a minimum grade of B