About the Program
Youth Development is a strengths-based approach to working with young people (ages 3-21) across a variety of formal + informal contexts. The YDEV MA Program at Rhode Island College -- the first program of its kind in New England -- equips students with the knowledge and skills to lead, design, research, and innovate in youth settings. A 30-credit Master’s Degree designed for working professionals, the YDEV MA joins theory with practice, offering students the opportunity to learn from and lead with Rhode Island’s vibrant youth development community.
|YDEV 501 Youth Development Theory and Practice
|YDEV 502 Youth Development Community Retreat
|YDEV 520/21 Youth Social Policy and Action
|YDEV 540 Leadership in Youth Development
|YDEV 560/61 Youth Development Research and Evaluation
|YDEV 590 Directed Study in Youth Development
|Two graduate-level electives of your choice
For additional course information, click
- A completed application form + a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records. Applicants must have a BA degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- 3 letters of recommendation, from individuals (supervisors, colleagues, or professors) familiar with your academic and professional work.
- Current resume or CV.
- Personal Statement.
- Minimum 2-years professional experience in Youth Development OR one year + a BA in Youth Development.
- Extenuating circumstances statement (if needed). If your undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0 overall, or you have circumstances about which you wish to provide more information.
- An in-person interview may be required.
Please download these
curriculum fliers for additional program information.
Dr. Victoria Restler
Youth Development MA Program Director