ATTENTION RIC STUDENTS: Hours have been extended in OASIS and the Bursar and Records offices. Click for details.
Mathematics education in prekindergarten through second grade is examined. Also explored are the development of appropriate teaching/learning strategies, content, and materials related to teaching all young children. Practicum required.
3 credit hours
- ECED 301 or equivalent and 419 with a minimum grade of B-
- MATH 143 and 144, each with minimum grade of C
- admission to the early childhood teacher preparation program
- or consent of department chair
- or consent of the department chair