NOTICE : Parking validation stickers for RIC community available at Campus Police office. Click for details.
In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in a preschool or elementary school under the supervision of a cooperating teacher and college supervisor. This is a full-semester assignment. Graded S, U.
9 credit hours
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 a full semester prior to student teaching
- satisfactory completion of all major and professional courses required prior to student teaching
- concurrent enrollment in ELED 469
- positive recommendation from the professor of each elementary education course
- completion of the community service requirement
- negative result from the required tuberculin test
- passing score(s) on the Praxis II
- approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio