Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in a preschool or elementary school under the supervision of a cooperating teacher and college supervisor. This is a full-semester assignment. Graded S, U.
7 credit hours
- satisfactory completion of all courses in the M.A.T. in elementary education program required prior to student teaching
- a positive recommendation from the professor of each elementary education course
- minimum grade of B- in all professional education courses
- cumulative GPA of 3.0 a full semester prior to student teaching
- an approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio
- passing score(s) on the Praxis II