ShorelineShoreline needs your submissions!
Shoreline, a magazine of literature and the arts, is the creative voice and pulse of Rhode Island College. Our goal is to publish and promote a collection of short fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, visual arts, and photography that represents the artistic energies unique to the students of Rhode Island College. Please see Shoreline's submission guidelines below.
- State your name and the genre of your piece in the subject line of your submission(s).
- All submissions must be the original work (non-published) of the person who is doing the submitting.
- Please submit finished/revised pieces only.
- Content and concerns of style/approach will be handled on a piece-by-piece basis. Don't be afraid to try us, even if you think your piece is "too this" or "too that" for a literary magazine.
- Submissions will only be accepted from currently enrolled RIC students. Both undergraduate and graduate student work will be accepted.
- All pieces, regardless of genre, must be titled.
- Submission to Shoreline does not guarantee that your piece will be published.
Submit no more than one story or three short-shorts at one time. Please upload each submission in the same document.
There is a 7,000 word limit for fiction and submissions must be double-spaced in Times New Roman, 12pt font.
Submit no more than one work of creative nonfiction at a time.
There is a 7,000 word limit for nonfiction and submissions must be double-spaced in Times New Roman, 12pt font.
Please do not submit more than three poems at a time, and please upload all poems in the same document (being sure to title each poem individually). Poems will be published in the same format in which they are submitted.
- Visual art pieces must be scanned (please do not photograph your art)
- All works must be sent in as a .jpg file in CYMK format with a TITLE.
- Please submit no more than 5 photos at one time–as separate submissions.
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We publish annually during the spring semester and look forward to reading/seeing your work.