Anthropology 162: Non-Western Worlds: Caribbean “Others”
Assignment # 1.
A. Read: Brana-Shute’s article “Magic and Munitions” in the handouts.
B. Write a two-three page essay (with proper form, grammar, spelling, and citations) in which you answer the following questions:
C. Please do your essay on a computer and print it on plain white paper.
1. Save your essay as a Word file and back it up on a disk or storage device.
2. Print two copies of your paper and staple them in the upper left-hand corner – no covers.
3. Be sure to put your name and the date on the paper and label it “Draft #1.”
4. Bring both copies to class with you on the date the assignment is due.
5. The assignment is due the second class meeting.
D. Later I will give you instructions on how to submit your paper to www.turnitin.com, so be sure to save your essay file.
E. Before the first test, you will be asked to rewrite you essay, so be sure to keep notes on ideas and suggestions which arise when you discuss the essay in class.
F. There will be a question on the first test which will relate to this essay. More about that later.