Assessment of Basic Skills Test Requirement for FSEHD Teacher Education Programs
Test requirements for Spring 2018 semester admissions
If you have converted SAT scores and your testing box is not checked in your application screen, please bring a copy of your scores to HM 104 or email a copy to email@example.com
|Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators*|
Target Scores: Math 150, Reading 156, and Writing 162 – Composite (total) Score of 468
· If your composite score is 468 or higher, you can be up to 3 points below any of the target scores.
Beginning with fall 2018 Admission, in addition to meeting FSEHD program admissions requirements, all applicants pursuing initial teacher certification (undergraduate, second-bachelor's degree, RITE, or MAT) will be required to meet new FSEHD basic skill test scores for one of the tests listed below.
SAT (2016 and newer)
Evidenced Based Reading/Writing – 540
Mathematics score – 530
Reading score – 22
Mathematics score – 22
English score – 22
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators*
Second-bachelor's degree, RITE, and MAT applicants may take one of the tests above or the GRE
GRE General Test
Verbal Reasoning, Reading – 151
Quantitative Reasoning, Mathematics – 153
Analytical Writing, Writing – 4
* Registering for the Core tests
· To register for a test, you must create an account (My Praxis Account) at http://www.ets.org/praxis
· Once you create an account and enter all of your background information you will be asked to select a test. To select your test, choose College/University Required Tests: EPP Test Requirements. Once you've clicked on EPP Test Requirements you will be able to choose your Core tests – Core Academic Skills for Educators (combined or individual tests).
· If you plan to take all three tests the same day (Reading, Writing, Mathematics), you will register for Core Academic Skills for Educators: Combined Test . Taking all three tests is the most economical way but it does make for a long day of testing. If you choose to take the tests on different days, you will register for each one separately using the following codes (Reading , Writing , Mathematics )
· You can Schedule by your zip code. Make sure to check surrounding cities for more testing date options.
To meet the FSEHD basic skills testing requirement for Initial Certification Programs in the Feinstein School for the 2018–2019 and 2019–2020 academic years each applicant will be required to score at or above the 60th Percentile on either the SAT, ACT, or Core tests.
Beginning with the fall 2020 admissions, cut off scores will be set at the 67th percentile.