Campus Weather Advisory: Parking ban and restrictions through Monday. Click here for details.
Put all completed materials in one portfolio (pick up a folder in HM 108).
Admission Application Form
- Successful completion of an Assessment of Basic Skills Test.
Tests and required scores.
- For students who choose to take the PPST of the Praxis I Series either the paper and pencil or computerized tests are acceptable. For more information visit www.ets.org.
- Request that ETS send a score report to Rhode Island College (#3724).OASIS (Craig Lee 154) schedules special services for those students who feel they need help preparing for the PPST’s.
- Contact OASIS (456-8083) for information.
- Admission to Rhode Island College.
- Completion of at least 24 semester hours from a nationally or regional accredited college or university by the end of the semester in which the candidate applies for admission to a teacher preparation program at Rhode Island College.
- Attainment of a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 in all college level courses taken prior to admission to a teacher preparation program. Candidates who transfer to Rhode Island College from another school must meet this requirement and provide transcripts from all schools previously attended.
- Completion of Foundations of Education 346: Schooling in a Democratic Society with a minimum grade of B-. The minimum grade requirement applies even if an equivalent course from another institution is transferred to Rhode Island College.
- Completion of the Rhode Island College Writing Requirement and the Rhode Island College Mathematics Requirement.
- Successful completion of WRTG 100, with a grade of B or better. Learn how to
fulfill this requirement