Rhode Island Teacher Education Program
This program is intended for those who wish to complete a certification only program in secondary education (Biology, Chemistry, English, French, General Science, History, Mathematics, Physics, Social Studies or Spanish) without earning a degree. Students should have a content major, BA/BS degree in the subject to be taught.
RITE program applications may be picked up in the FSEHD Associate Dean’s Office or may be mailed by calling the office at 401-456-8822. When the application form is complete, the form and a $50.00 fee must be returned to the Associate Dean’s Office.
The following is required in the application process:
- A completed application form (obtained from the Feinstein School of Education and Human Development) accompanied by a fifty-dollar non-refundable application fee.
- A resume outlining educational and work experiences.
- A written statement of educational philosophy.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate records.
- Completion of a degree program with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher and evidence of specific content with appropriate content GPA. See appropriate Department. Applicants who do not meet the 2.75 cumulative GPA may be eligible for
- Two Disposition Reference Forms in sealed envelopes. These forms must be completed by individuals in 2 different categories:
For details about the complete RITE Admission Process, click here.
Applications received after November 1 cannot be guaranteed matriculation for the spring semester;
Applications received after March 1 cannot be guaranteed matriculation for the fall semester.
Henry Barnard School 220
Assistant to the Associate Dean for Teacher Education