Rhode Island Teacher Education Program
Because of the wide variety of RITE programs offered through the Feinstein School of Education and Human Development, applicants need to request the application portfolio in person. Please contact Mrs. Dottie Grady at 401-456-8822 or
email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Mrs. Grady will review the application process with you and direct you to the appropriate faculty member for more information.
This program is intended for those candidates who wish to complete a certification only program in secondary education (Biology, Chemistry, English, French, General Science, History, Mathematics, Physics, Social Studies or Spanish) without earning a degree. Students should have a content major, BA/BS degree in the subject to be taught. The following is required in the application process:
- A completed application form (obtained from the Feinstein School of Education and Human Development) accompanied by a fifty-dollar non-refundable application fee.
PRAXIS I, ACT or SAT with required score.
- A resume outlining educational and work experiences.
- A written statement of educational philosophy.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate records.
- Completion of a degree program with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher and evidence of specific content with appropriate content GPA. See appropriate Department.
- Two Disposition Reference Forms in sealed envelopes. These forms must be completed by individuals in 2 different categories:
Applications received after November 1 cannot be guaranteed matriculation for the spring semester;
Applications received after March 1 cannot be guaranteed matriculation for the fall semester.