Skip Repetitive Navigation Links
Film Studies Program / Learning Goals
- Understand and analyze how films are made with respect to aspects such as cinematography, editing, and sound and put them into practice in their own creative work.
- Understand and analyze films with respect to their historical contexts—across film history and in terms of cultural and transnational contexts.
- Understand and analyze films with respect to theoretical issues such as representation, meaning, and audience reception.
- Situate their own creative work in relationship to film history and film theory.
- Understand different modes of filmmaking, such as narrative, documentary, experimental, and serial storytelling across different platforms.