Skip Repetitive Navigation Links

Finish Strong FAQs

  1. Am I eligible for Finish Strong?
  2. You are eligible if you attended RIC but did not finish your degree. If you have not been enrolled in three semesters or less, you do not need to apply for readmission or be reactivated. Log into your myRIC account and register for classes. We encourage you to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor, contact the department chair of your major, or call OASIS if you are an exploring major.

  3. What do I do if I attended another school since leaving RIC?
  4. If you attended another school, you must apply for readmission to the College. Your GPA will not transfer. You will need to send your official transcripts from all other schools attended.

  5. What if it has been 10 years since I was first enrolled at RIC?
  6. If you have any course credit that is 10 years or older, you must apply for readmission to the College.
    10-year Rule: Upon readmission, RIC credit earned more than 10 years prior to the date of readmission will be treated as transfer credit and evaluated under the current transfer model. Courses which are 10 years old or older in which the student earned a grade of "C" or higher will be awarded elective credit or, if appropriate, general education credit. The chair of the student's major department may evaluate how or if specific major course credit is to be awarded. If you do not wish to have the 10-year rule applied, contact the Admissions Office at Even if the 10-rule rule is waived, the department chair must still approve courses applicable to the major

  7. Ok, I need to apply for readmission. What do I do?
  8. Complete the common application, available at When creating your account, please indicate your status as transfer student (not first-year) and your student status as RAD (application for readmission). You do not need to write an essay or provide letters of recommendations. You will need to pay a nonrefundable $50 application fee. Upon being offered readmission, Admissions will waive the $200 enrollment deposit.

  9. What if I didn’t do well in my courses when I was at RIC?
  10. For those who need to apply for readmission, a 2.0 GPA is needed. If you need to improve your GPA, you should repeat those courses at RIC as a non-degree student. Repeating a course at another school will not change your RIC GPA nor may the course count for transfer credit. Once you raise your GPA to a 2.0, you are welcomed to apply for readmission as a degree student.
    If you were academically dismissed, you must apply for readmission to the College.

  11. But what if I didn’t take courses at another school and it has been less than 10 years since I started?
  12. As long as you were not academically dismissed, you can easily be reactivated as a degree student by contacting the Record’s Office at (401) 456-8213 during regular business hours. A reactivation form will be emailed to you. You will be notified via email when you have been reactivated, and you will be given your username and password and registration time. For academic advisement, contact the chair of the department of your major or OASIS if you are an exploring major.

  13. What if I have an outstanding balance?
  14. Contact the Bursar’s Office at (401) 456-8130 to discuss payment plan options.

  15. How long will it take me to finish?
  16. Every student is different. Finish Strong can help you connect with an academic advisor to explo​re majors and create a plan of study that can outline how long it will take you to finish. ​​

Page last updated: September 05, 2018