Mission and Goals
The Office of Health Promotion’s mission is to support student health and to enable student success by advocating for healthy learning environments at Rhode Island College. We offer information on how to live a healthy lifestyle and encourage making positive behavior choices. We strive to achieve this mission by:
- Being a resource center for Rhode Island College students to obtain information and services needed to improve and maintain their health.
- Advocating, creating and maintaining a community that encourages environmental, physical, social, intellectual, and emotional wellness to support a healthy lifestyle and encourage student success.
- Creating and implementing health initiatives aimed to improve individual and community health at Rhode Island College.
- Collaborating with students, faculty and staff, and other organizations on and off campus to encourage and foster health initiatives on campus.
- Maintaining cultural competence and expanding the understanding of the links between culture, identity, and social justice as determinants of health.
- Offering confidential individual consultation and referrals for students in need.