Weather Advisory Update: Parking ban and restrictions through Saturday. Click here for details.
- Complete Core Courses in health education, physical education, biology, psychology, and marketing or English.
- Select one of 5 areas of concentration and complete all course requirements.
- Community and Public Health Education
- Health and Aging
- Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Wellness and Movement Studies
- Women's Health
- Completion of a Practicum and Internship Experience. Coursework includes a practicum experience (40 hrs) and an internship experience (480 hrs) during the last semester of the program. This prepares graduates to plan, implement and evaluate community/public health education and wellness programs. With these two experiences students will build skills to develop public policy and promote adoption of healthy behaviors and environmental conditions that support health for all, in their chosen area of concentration.
- Maintain a minimum cumulate grade point average of 2.50.
- A minimum grade of B- in HED 300 or PED 301, and HED 419 or PED 419.
- A minimum grade of B-, or better, in all other required program courses except:
- BIOL 108, BIOL 231, BIOL 335, and PSYC 110 or PSYC 215, which, when needed, require a minimum grade of C.
- Acceptance into the Feinstein School of Education and Human Development by the end of the first semester of the second year of study.
- Completion and approval of Application for Internship during HED 419 or PED 419.
- Obtain certification in basic first aid, adult-child-infant CPR, & AED for internship.