C.G.S. in Physical Education
***We are not currently accepting new students for this program.***
At Rhode Island College a Certificate of Graduate Study represents the completion of a well-defined, coherent collection of courses between 15-18 credit hours. The Certificate of Graduate Study in Physical Education contains five courses to be taken in any order. It is not a master's degree program. One to two courses will be offered each semester on a rotating basis.
completed application form accompanied by a fifty-dollar nonrefundable application fee. Forms may be obtained from the office of the academic dean responsible for the program to which the student is applying.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records. The dean's office will obtain any Rhode Island College transcripts.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of B (3.00 on a 4.00 scale) in all undergraduate course work. Applicants with undergraduate GPAs less than 3.00, may be admitted to degree candidacy upon the submission of other evidence of academic potential, for example, satisfactory performance in postbaccalaureate work, professional experience as evidenced by publications or letters of recommendation, and/or high scores on the standardized tests.
- A copy of candidate's teaching certificate (when applicable).
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate's potential to do graduate work. Placement references are generally not applicable.
- An interview may be required.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in physical education from an accredited college or university.
- Maintain a G.P.A. of 3.0 in all C.G.S. course work.
Click here for course details.
Gainful Employment Disclosure*
Robin Kirkwood Auld
The Murray Center 140