Community Health and Wellness B. S.
The B.S. in Community Health and Wellness is a multidisciplinary degree program originating in the Health and Physical Education department. The community health education and health promotion industry is currently growing and evolving to support the health needs of ALL individuals and groups. Community health education, wellness and health promotion professionals possess the passion, interest and skills to help individuals and communities voluntarily adopt healthy behaviors and lifestyles. These specialists promote healthy lifestyles and wellness by:
- Educating individuals and groups about health enhancing behaviors.
- Assisting others to increase personal choices and skills that reduce health risks and enhance quality of life.
- Tailoring health education and health promotion programs to meet individual and community needs.
- Supporting and developing policy that supports community health education and health promotion efforts.
- Advocating for the health education and health promoting needs of others.
Informing, Educating and Empowering Individuals and Communities to Achieve Healthy Lifestyles that Improve Health Status and Quality of Life.
Click here for course details.