B.S. Community and Public Health Promotion
Declaring the Major
Complete the Department of Health & Physical Education (HPE) Declaration of Major and Advisor Forms. These can be obtained from the HPE office (Murray Center 130). Once a student is assigned an advisor, they become an Intended Major and must officially apply to the program upon completion of the admission requirements below.
Admission Requirements: Feinstein School of Education, BS in Community Health and Wellness
- Completed 24 credits and achieved a GPA of 2.75
- RIC Math Competency Completed
- First Year Writing 100: Achieved at least a B
- HPE 102 (Human Health and Disease) and 202 (Community/Public Health and Health Promotion): Achieved at least a B-
- HPE 202 course instructor has successfully submitted a Disposition Form
Application to Feinstein School of Education and Human Development
- Log into your MyRIC Online Services
- Click: Custom Applications
- Click: Admissions under RIC Feinstein School
- Click: FSEHD Appl RQMTS (View Only)
- Select major and concentration from drop down list
- All requirements boxes should be checked
- Complete BCI question and select SAVE
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 each semester.
- A minimum grade of B- in all required program courses except for BIOL 108, BIOL 231, BIOL 240, BIOL 335, and PSYC 110 or PSYC 215, which, when needed, require a minimum grade of C.