Practicum and Student Teaching Checklist
Students who wish to teach need to apply for admission to the Feinstein School of Education and Human Development and should do so in their sophomore year.
Click for details about
admission to Feinstein School of Education & Human Development.
Content Requirements for Practicum
Students will not be admitted to SED 411 and 412 unless the following requirements are satisfactorily completed:
Praxis II Social Studies Content Exam (#0081) with a minimum score of 162
PLT Exam with a minimum score of 167
- Overall GPA of 2.75, History GPA 3.0, Social Science GPA 3.0
History 200 with a minimum grade of C
- Completion of at least 24 credit hours of courses in History/Social Science including Economics 214, Geography 400, History 201 and 202 and Political Science 202. Students must have completed History 200 and one 300-level course in Western, Non Western, and U.S. History.
Content Requirements For Student Teaching
Students will not be admitted to SED 421 and 422 unless the following requirements are satisfactorily completed:
- Content Portfolio
- Application to student teach no later than two semesters before taking the course
- Overall GPA of 2.5, History GPA 2.75, Social Science GPA 2.75
- Completion of
History 362 with a minimum grade of C+
- Completion of all History programmatic requirements