Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Federal law requires that academic institutions such as RIC in which live vertebrate animals are used in research and/or teaching must establish and maintain an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). It is the charge of this committee to oversee all aspects of animal care and use on campus in order to ensure compliance with provisions of the Animal Welfare Act and Public Health Service policy on humane treatment of animals.
Committee members for the 2009-2010 academic year:
- Dr. Eric Hall, Biology, Chair
- Dr. Neil Gonsalves, Biology
- Dr. Edythe Anthony, Biology
- Dr. Richard Olmsted, Philosophy
- Dr. Earl Simson, Psychology
- Dr. Gordon Hankinson, Consulting veterinarian
- Ms. Stephanie Gelsomino, non-affiliated member
- Dr. Steven Threlkeld, Psychology
For any questions regarding operation of the IACUC, meetings or other matters please contact Eric Hall. To submit research protocols to the IACUC, please proceed to the Manage Protocols page.