Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
Article on the Committee on College Mission and Goals
A. Powers and Duties
The Committee shall:
- Serve on a continuing basis through Council as an advisory committee to the President of Rhode Island College. It shall have as its principal duties the following:
- To review the mission and purpose of Rhode Island College; to review the major goals of the College established to achieve its mission and purpose; and to initiate recommendations for changes in the College's mission and purpose and in its goals.
- To ensure that Council and other College committees are informed about changes in the mission, purpose, and goals of the College and the impact such changes may have on their work and responsibilities.
- Every three to five years, Rhode Island College will convene representatives of the College community, under leadership of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, in order to engage in strategic planning. This planning process will begin with the review and revision, as needed, of the mission and vision statements. The Committee on Mission and Goals of the Council of Rhode Island College will be invited to participate in the review (and any necessary revision) of the mission statement.
- Be empowered to establish such subcommittees as may be useful in the performance of its responsibilities. Membership on such subcommittees is open to persons other than those serving on the full Committee. Such subcommittee members shall be chosen by the full Committee.
The Committee shall consist of ten members:
- Three faculty, appointed by the Committee on Committees to serve staggered three -year terms.
- The Chair of the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, ex-officio, or his/her designee from the Committee.
- The Chair of the Graduate Committee, ex officio, or his/her designee from the Committee.
- One student, selected by the President of the College after consultation with the President of Student Community Government, Inc.
- One professional staff member, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a two-year term.
- One administrator, appointed by the President of the College.
- One representative of the public, selected by the President of the College.
- The President of the College, ex-officio, non-voting.