ATTENTION RIC STUDENTS: Hours have been extended in OASIS and the Bursar and Records offices. Click for details.
Rhode Island College has a strong theatre program with a fine regional and national reputation. In anticipation of the 2015/2016 academic year, the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance is offering graduating high school seniors the opportunity to audition for Special Talent Awards in Theatre.
Application Procedure for Rhode Island College Theatre Talent Awards:
DEADLINE for the Theatre Talent Award application is February 15th.
Audition / Interview Preparation
- Auditions and interviews will be held on February 28th (Saturday) and March 7th (Saturday) at Rhode Island College, BEGINNING AT 11AM. All auditioners should arrive by 10:45AM. Auditions will take place in The Lila and John Sapinsley Hall of the John Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts (in the back of Roberts Hall).
- Those performers auditioning should prepare two, contrasting monologues. The auditioner has a total of four minutes to present the two monologues. If you are interested in musical theatre, you should prepare one song and a monologue. There will be a piano in the room and a cd player, BUT we prefer that musical theatre students bring sheet music for our accompanist. Musical selection should be a 16-bar cut.
- Those interested in design and technical theatre should bring along samples and/or photos of their creative work and be prepared for an oral interview.
- We want to encourage anyone who has aptitude in performing, stagecraft, design, or in theatre management to apply for these Talent Awards in Theatre. For further information, please call (401) 456-8639.
- SCHOLARSHIPS RANGE FROM $500 - $5000 IN AN ACADEMIC YEAR. PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL, WE MAY OFFER MORE THAN $50,000 ANNUALLY IN SCHOLARSHIPS TO OUR STUDENTS.
There is no make-up or rescheduling for this Special Talent Award Audition. Students must be present at either audition on February 28th or March 7th to be considered for a scholarship.
Receiving a Special Talent Award Scholarship does not in any way guarantee nor implies admission to Rhode Island College. A student must be formally admitted to the College and enrolled as a student for the fall of 2015 in order to receive a Special Talent Award Scholarship.
For information on admissions requirements or to request an application for admission, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 1-800-669-5760 or 401-456-8234. You may apply online at www.ric.edu/admissions.