Skip Repetitive Navigation Links
Dance Performance Program Goals
- Students will demonstrate substantial facility within a diverse range of dance styles and
- Students will demonstrate sophistication with, and control of, performance dynamics in
a wide range of formal and informal performance events.
- Students will demonstrate facility with improvisational choreography and
compositional conventions in the creation of original dance works.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of, and facility for, historical and
theoretical inquiry in dance including its interrelatedness to various other cultural
influences and forms of cultural production.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of interrelatedness of allied
disciplines that enhance dance creation and performance
- Students will demonstrate responsibility for support of ensemble management and
Music Program Goals
- To prepare students to perform at a professional level, successfully compete in
their chosen professional fields, and to pursue advanced graduate studies.
- To prepare highly qualified and skilled music educators to serve the public and
private schools, to engage their own students, and to assume leadership roles in
their professional associations.
- To encourage intellectual and creative expressions through research and musical
- To educate non-music majors in ways that enrich, enlighten, and encourage the
development of their own musical expression and appreciation.
- To produce concerts and other musical events of the highest quality for Rhode
Island College and the community.
- To provide an environment which encourages and supports faculty development
through research and creative activity.
- To cultivate arts audiences of the future.
Theatre Program Goals
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the role theatre plays in the community,
the professional arena, and to the individual.
- Students will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of collaborative issues as they
relate to play production.
- Students will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the varied disciplines in the theatre
and an understanding of their inherent interconnectedness.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively complete production specific
problem solving in varied disciplines.
- Students will develop skills concentrating on more specific fields of study to prepare
for future academic and professional growth.