NOTICE : Roberts Hall Power Outage - Sunday, October 26, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Across the Athletic Director’s Desk – Oct. 19
Director of Athletics
|• Our deepest sympathy goes out to the family of Al Cataldo '53 who passed away recently. Al was a student-athlete at RIC and a lifetime educator.|
• Congratulations go out to alum Vin Cullen '55 and benefactor Steve Marocco on their being honored by the Institute for International Sport as “Ambassadors of Peace” in the world of sport.
• Congratulations to the men’s basketball team on being ranked 11th in the nation in a preseason poll.
• The Anchormen will be opening their season against the Division I University of Rhode Island Rams at the Ryan Center on Wednesday, Nov. 3, at 7 p.m. Call the Athletic Department at (401) 456-8007 for ticket information.
• Sympathy also goes out to Lou Pullano, former athletic director at the Community College of Rhode Island, for the loss of his father.
• Another great job by former wrestling student-athlete and scientist Chris Reddy '92 on his involvement with the Deepwater Horizon oil spill disaster.
• I want to again thank the nearly 300 alumni and friends who returned to the campus on Oct. 2 to celebrate the 80th Anniversary of Athletics and Hall of Fame Induction ceremony.
• The men’s soccer team continues to play very hard and are currently in second place in the conference following an overtime loss to perennial power Keene State, and in a tie with last year’s champion Eastern Connecticut. Keep up the good work.
• To catch all the RIC athletics action, be sure to go to our website www.goanchormen.com. Whether it’s to watch a home game, listen to the Citizens Bank Inside Anchor Sports Show, or just to check out the latest stats, it’s the place to go catch up on the action!