R.N. to B.S.N. Program
The RN to BSN Program is designed for Registered Nurse (RN) students. RN students apply to the College as transfer students. RN students are granted 37 credits for their basic nursing program and additional credit for other academic work. The RN to BSN program includes general education requirements and required nursing courses. The program responds to the needs of the RN student population by offering credit for prior learning, flexible course scheduling, individualized learning experiences, and career development advising. RN students are admitted to the College intending to major in nursing and apply to the School of Nursing according to established criteria.
Click here for course details.
- Admission to Rhode Island College and declaration of nursing as the major.
- Submission of an Enrollment Form signed by the faculty advisor to the School of Nursing by October 15 or April 15 of the semester prior to senior nursing course work.
- Completion of Nursing 207, with a minimum grade of C.
- Completion of the College Mathematics and Writing Requirements.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50.
- Current RN licensure.
* Refer to the
Rhode Island College Catalog pp. 42-44 for descriptions of the Math Competency and Writing Requirements.