Celebration Event and Founders Circle
Honoring Alumni and FriendsMeeting the Challenges
On the evenining of November 21, 2008, I welcomed nearly 150 friends and alumni to our celebration of the School of Nursing at Rhode Island College and the inaugural event of the
Founders Circle of the Dean's Development Fund!
Governor Donald L. Carcieri, Lt. Governor Elizabeth Roberts, RIC President Nancy Carriuolo, faculty and students participated in celebrating the
Schools of nursing are facing unprecedented challenges in today's environment, trying to address the mushrooming shortage of nurses, keeping up with advances in science and technology, needing to incorporate new information which is increasing exponentially into curricula, and ensuring a cadre of qualified faculty-all in a time of diminished resource support. That is why I and members of the community serving on the Advisory Board recognized the need to establish the Dean's Development Fund to meet these challenges. Our goal is to raise $50,000 by June 30, 2009.
The Dean's Development Fund will help to ensure that faculty and students continue to:
- Pursue research and practice projects focused on improving the quality of care.
- Further develop expertise with cutting edge knowledge and technologies.
- Provide student activities that promote leadership development.
- Participate in other endeavors to enrich the professional nursing program.
- Participate in national conferences, professional meetings, and research projects to enrich the nursing program and increase its stature.
Alumni and Friends, we are grateful for your support in becoming inaugural donors to the Founders Circle of the Dean's Development Fund. You are enriching the School of Nursing at Rhode Island College.
For this we thank you and will honor you in our special recognition program.
View photos of the event in our Scrapbook.
Questions? Call or email Carol Peck, (401) 456-8014, firstname.lastname@example.org