||Fogarty Life Science (FLS) 216
- B.S.N. State University College at Brockport, Brockport, New York--summa cum laude
- M.S. in Community Health Nursing,
Functional Roles of Teaching and Clinical Nurse Specialist
Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- Ph.D. University of Rhode Island
NURS 101 The Nursing Education Experience I
NURS 102 The Nursing Education Experience II
NURS 370 Public & Community Health Nursing
NURS 508 Public Health Science
Areas of Interest
Home Visiting, Public Health Nursing
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Byrd, M. E., Costello, J., Gremel, K., Schwager, J. Blanchette, L., & Malloy, T. E. (2012). Changes in political astuteness of baccalaureate nursing students following an active learning experience in health policy. Public Health Nursing 29(5), 433-443.
- Byrd, M. E. (2006). Social exchange as a framework for client-nurse interaction during public health nursing maternal-child home visits.
Public Health Nursing 23(3), 271-276.
- Byrd, M. E., Costello, J. Shelton, C. R., Thomas, P. A. & Petrarca, D. (2004). An active learning experience in health policy for baccalaureate nursing students.
Public Health Nursing 21(5), 501-506.