2018 Orientation Leader Application
The Office of Academic Support and Information Services (OASIS) has 9 Orientation Leader (OL) positions available. The position requires a high degree of interpersonal and leadership skills, knowledge of RIC curricula and policies, a GPA of 2.70 or better, and the enthusiasm to help acquaint new students and their families with the college. The salary is $1,900.
Please read all of the Orientation Leader information. Before applying, make sure that you have a thorough understanding of the position and its requirements. In order to provide you more information about the position listed in this form, as well as to answer any questions that you might have about the job(s) and/or the application and selection processes, please stop by OASIS, located in the lower level of Adams Library, or call (401) 456-8074 to speak with Mike Fox, Coordinator of New Student Orientation. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 6th 2017.
Before applying, please be sure to read the
Orientation Information Packet.
The selection process has FIVE steps:
- Complete this online application available below. Complete the Orientation Leader application online by
Monday, November 6th 2017.
- Check in with your two recommendations for the position to make sure that they send their recommendation forms in by Friday, November 17th 2017. Recommendations must be completed online. The form can be found here:
https://goo.gl/forms/RhTvVCV8cBlAkedg2. If you have trouble finding the form, please visit contact
- Sign up in the OASIS Office for a MANDATORY individual interview. The time slots for interviews will start on Monday, November 6 th and go until November 30 th 2017.
- Sign up for one of the MANDATORY Group Interview sessions (found in this application). Group interviews will take place on: Friday, November 17 th or Sunday, November 19th. The group process session is an opportunity for the selection team to gauge your ability to work with others.
- The OASIS Staff will conduct both a Judicial and Academic (candidates must have a GPA of 2.7 or higher) check to make sure that each candidate is in good standing with the College. Notification Process Applicants will be informed of the decision on their candidacy by Friday, December 8th. Applicants will be notified in writing and notices will be emailed to your campus email address. PLEASE NOTE: Academic status and judicial standing will be checked before the decision-making process is complete. Applicants who have been offered an Orientation Leader position for the 2018 academic year will have until Wednesday, December 13th to inform the OASIS staff about their decision to accept their offer.
Following acceptance of the leadership position, all Orientation Leaders for the 2018 academic year will be expected to attend spring training sessions and group activities during the spring semester.
All Orientation Leaders must make orientation a priority for all training sessions and orientation sessions.