Spring Semester 2021
Rhode Island College provides tutoring services and support to students in a number of different disciplines across campus. We have a strong team of dedicated tutors who are trained to help students identify learning needs, develop strategies that will result in effective study habits, and build successful techniques for continued progress and excellence in their studies.
Tutorial services are available to all students; the guidelines below will help to ensure that we meet as many requests as possible and that tutorial sessions close with positive results.
- Students will be allowed one appointment per week per subject with a tutor
- Students can book appointments up to 2 weeks in advance
- Students needing to cancel an appointment should do so as far ahead as possible, giving other students a chance to also schedule a tutorial meeting
- Students should provide as much information in the onboarding question space as possible; that will help the tutor to better prepare for the meeting
- Students are encouraged to attempt their work prior to their meeting
- Tutors are not allowed to assist students with quizzes or exams
For now, all tutoring is being held online.
What if online learning is new to me?
If this is your first semester in college, you are welcome to schedule a study skills appointment that will recommend ways to become familiar with the technology and other aspects of learning such as how to keep track of assignments, communicate with your instructor, and stay focused on the goals of the course.
Is help available for Feinstein School test preparation?
Yes. Students can build background in areas such as reading and test taking through practice.
Can I make an appointment with a tutor and bring a friend?
Yes. Just schedule your appointment and let your tutor know that a friend will be joining you.
What if I have additional questions?
Please contact Jayne Nightingale
firstname.lastname@example.org in OASIS.
How do I make an appointment with a tutor?
In order to book an appointment, students must first create an account on
ric.mywconline.com using their student user name to complete that step. They will then be able to check the tutor schedules and sign into the subject area for which they would like help. All available hours and tutors will be visible once you have logged in. You can also check the directions on the following YouTube video link.
- Students create an account on
ric.mywconline.com using their RIC email.
- Check the query drop down box and choose one for tutoring subject:
Open the smaller drop down box list related to the larger one you opened.
- Academic Development (for Grad Tutors' schedules - Study Skills, Test Specific Preparation, Time Mgmt, Transition to Online Learning)
- Subject Tutoring (for Biology, Chemistry, Music, Psychology... )
- Math Tutoring (for Math 010, 120, 139, 177... )
Select the course and search for an open appointment; select that time.
Complete onboard questions: “What are you struggling with right now; please be specific to help the tutor prepare?” and “How can I help you the most?”
ric.mywconline.com when it is time for your meeting and click on the appointment. Click "Start or Join Online Consultation" and wait for the tutor. You will need access to a camera/audio on your device. Smartphones, tablets, and computers/laptops with a webcam are all compatible.
The following subjects are now available for tutoring
- Biology 108, 111, 112, 231
- Chemistry 103, 104, 105, 106, 205, 206
- CEP 215
- Computer Science 157, 211, & 212
- French 101, 102, 113
- Italian 101 & 102
- Nursing 220, 222, 223, 224, 225, 340, 344
- Nursing 342, 346, 372, 374
- Psychology 110, 215, 230
- Spanish 101, 102, 113
- Music Theory 230, 232, 234, & 236
- Study Skills
- Test Preparation for ACT, SAT, & Praxis
- Time Management
For free additional online tutoring services offered to RIC undergraduate students, visit the
Smarthinking web page. Tutor help available 24/7.