Rhode Island College provides tutoring services and support to students in a number of different disciplines across campus. They are available to meet with students in tutorial settings to help them identify learning needs, develop strategies that will result in effective study habits, and build successful techniques for continued progress and excellence in their studies. Tutoring is free to Rhode Island College students in general education courses and available online at Smarthinking.com.
Hours of Availability
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The tutorial team in OASIS can help you prepare for Feinstein School admission testing during walk-in hours. Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (Reading, Writing, and Math)
- ACT and SAT Tests
Test preparation (limited hours) is also available for the following tests - please call OASIS at 456-8083 to schedule an appointment.
- Praxis II (Elementary Multiple Subjects (Reading and Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science)
- PLT (Principles of learning and Teaching / K-6 and 7-12)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examinations
The tutorial team in OASIS can suggest study and organizational skills and help with the following subjects:
- Introductory Chemistry (103/104; 105/106)
- Psychology 110; 230
- Social Work 200 (Formerly 240 Introduction to Social Work), 306, 324 / 325
- Biology (100, 108, 111, 231)
- Help with Italian and Spanish is available in the Modern Languages Department Gaige Hall Suite 320
If your course is not listed, feel free to call OASIS at 456-8083, and we can brainstorm a way to try and help.
Free, online tutoring services offered to RIC undergrad degree students.