Rhode Island College provides tutoring services and support to students in a number of different disciplines across campus. They are available to meet with students in tutorial settings to help them identify learning needs, develop strategies that will result in effective study habits, and build successful techniques for continued progress and excellence in their studies. Tutoring is free to Rhode Island College students in general education courses and available online at
Hours of Availability
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The tutorial team in OASIS can help you prepare for Feinstein School admission testing during walk-in hours. Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- ACT and SAT Tests
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (Reading, Writing, and Math)
Test preparation (limited hours) is also available for the following tests - please call OASIS at 456-8083 to schedule an appointment.
- Praxis II (Elementary Multiple Subjects (Reading and Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science)
- PLT (Principles of learning and Teaching / K-6 and 7-12)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examinations
The tutorial team in OASIS can suggest study and organizational skills and help with the following subjects:
- Introductory Chemistry (105)
- Psychology 110; 230
- Social Work 200 (Formerly 240 Introduction to Social Work), 306, 324 / 325
- Biology (111, 231)
If your course is not listed, we would like to refer you to tutorial help in the following departments on campus: Biology, Physical Sciences, and Modern Languages. Please call OASIS at 456-8083 for additional information.
Free, online tutoring services offered to RIC undergrad degree students.