Rhode Island College provides tutorial services and support to students in a number of different disciplines across campus. Tutors are available to meet with students in tutorial settings to help them identify learning needs, develop strategies that will result in effective study habits, and build successful techniques for continued progress and excellence in their studies.
Hours of Availability for the Academic Year:
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The tutorial team in OASIS can help you prepare for the following tests and support study groups in the School of Nursing.
- CORE (Feinstein School Admissions Test – Reading, Writing and Math)
- PRAXIS II Elementary Multiple Subjects (Reading and Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science)
- PLT (Principles of Learning & Teaching / K-6 and 7-12)
- ACT and SAT Tests
- GRE (Graduate Record Examinations – limited hours)
The tutorial team in OASIS can suggest study and organizational skills and help with the following subjects:
- Introductory Chemistry (103/104; 105/106)
- Psychology (all courses)
- Sociology 200 (Society and Social Behavior) & 202 (The Family)
- Social Work 200 (Formerly 240 Introduction to Social Work), 306, 324 / 325
Tutorial help is also offered in departments across campus. Please see copies of schedules in OASIS and in each department.
- Biology tutors - FLS Hall 252 - Biology Department / or Lough Resource Room 220
- Chemistry tutors - Clarke-Science Hall 126
- Modern Languages tutors - Gaige Hall Suite 320
If your course is not listed, feel free to call OASIS at 456-8083, and we can brainstorm a way to try and help.
Free, online tutoring services offered to RIC undergrad degree students.