Got an idea? OSP can help!
OSP is largely focused on the pre-award phase of the grants process and is part of the campus-wide effort to expand and support faculty and student research.
Building on its traditional role of supporting proposal and budget development, ensuring regulatory compliance, and contracting, OSP actively works with faculty and staff to develop their ideas into fundable proposals. This focus helps to build college capacity for research across all disciplines, benefiting the RIC campus community and beyond. External grant funding also helps to offset reduced support from other traditional sources of college revenue.
Activities in which OSP is engaged include:
- Supporting faculty efforts to translate research and programmatic ideas into fundable projects;
- Helping faculty to align their projects with institutional goals and priorities;
- Facilitating internal multi-disciplinary collaborations and external partnerships;
- Identifying potential funders and building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships;
- Expanding the impact and visibility of faculty and student research;
- Including and supporting student participation in research projects and fundseeking whenever possible;
- Raising the visibility of OSP and its function as a resource to, and advocate for, the college community.
If you have an idea, OSP welcomes your call or visit.