• RI Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (RIASCD)
• RI Department of Health
• RI Executive Office of Health & Human Services
• RI Department of Education
• Feinstein School of Education and Human Development
• RI College School of Nursing
• RIC Committee on College Lectures
• Office of the President
• Office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs
Rhode Island College Dialogue on Diversity Committee Presents
19th Annual Multicultural Conference
“A Strength-Based Approach To Foster Resiliency In All Communities.”
Proposal Submission Deadline Extended to Monday, September 12, 2016.
Saturday, November 5, 2016
7:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Keynote Speaker: TBD
Conference Purpose: The focus will be on a strength-based approach to fostering resiliency for individuals and all communities. Best practices, emerging ideas, and current research will be explored to connect and create various means for developing, nurturing & sustaining skills leading to achieving a resilient future.
Conference Objectives – Participants will be able to:
- Define the role resiliency represents in achieving success for youth, students, marginalized group, individuals, and communities.
- Participants will be able to apply knowledge, research, skills, and resources necessary for building on existing strengths, and integrating resiliency strategies into personal and community frameworks.
- Identify and explore best practices.
- Cultivate partnerships, strengthen existing ones, and develop networks to maximize resources aimed at realizing resiliency for individuals and all communities.