Skip Repetitive Navigation Links
Psychology Program Goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of a broad overview at the introductory level of
psychological research, including history, scientific method, physiological,
sensation and perception, development, learning, social, personality, abnormal,
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic social influences on behavior and mental
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic research methods necessary to read and
understand research in the field of psychology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major theoretical perspectives on the development
and assessment of personality.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic human developmental processes and
milestones throughout the lifespan.
- Select, compute, and interpret basic statistical techniques in the behavioral
- Assess, critique, and conduct research in the behavioral sciences.
Chemical Dependency/Addiction Studies Program Goals
- To aid students in their development of competencies, knowledge, skills,
and proficiencies within the addictions field.
- To prepare students for licensure and the commencement of a career in the
field of addictions
- To encourage the pursuit of graduate studies
- To provide an environment that encourages the internal development of
- To aid students in their refinement of interpersonal and self-reflective