Skip Repetitive Navigation Links


​Resident Student Handbook

Many of the policies set forth by the Office of Residential Life and Housing are included in the Resident Student Handbook. Different from the Student Handbook issued by the College, the Resident Student Handbook offers information unique to students living in the resident halls on campus. Click here to download a copy. 

Some of the more common policies are listed at the left.​

Housing Rates for 2019-2020

Hall Type Housing Cost Dining Cost​
based on meal plans (D-A)
Total Cost
Browne Single $7,016 $4,100-$5,227 $11,116-$12,243
Browne Super Single $7,717 $4,100-$5,227 $11,817-$12,944
Penfield Double Room Suite $7,477 $4,100-$5,227 $11,577-$12,704
Penfield Single Room Suite $7,717 $4,100-$5,227 $11,817-$12,944
Penfield Double Room Apartment $7,958 $4,100-$5,227 $12,058-$13,185
Penfield Single Room Apartment $8,205 $4,100-$5,227 $12,305-$13,432
Sweet Double $7,372 $4,100-$5,227 $11,472-$12,599
Thorp Single $7,016 $4,100-$5,227 $11,116-$12,243
Weber Single $7,016 $4,100-$5,227 $11,116-$12,243
Willard Double $7,214 $4,100-$5,227 $10,369-$11,829
Willard Single $7,372 $4,100-$5,227 $10,​560-$12,020
Willard Super Single $7,717 $4,100-$5,227 $11,817-$12,944

Application for Release

The Housing and Dining Contract is for the entire academic year. Students can cancel their Housing and Dining Contract prior to August 1st. They will forfeit their non-refundable $250 deposit with no additional penalty. All Housing and Dining Contract are signed online via the Student Housing portal. If you are under the age of 18, please download and complete the under 18 signature page.​

Application for Release deadline for the 2019-2020 Housing Contract is August 1, 2019. If students would like to cancel their 2019-2020 Housing Contract, please download and submit the Application for Release​ by August 1, 2019.

After August 1st, students can submit the Residential Life and Housing Contract Appeal Cancellation Request. The Housing cancellation policy and the refund policy for withdrawal from the college can be found in the contract. If you would like to submit an appeal cancellation request, please download the Residential Life and Housing/Dining Contract Appeal Cancellation Request​.

All paperwork and additional documentation can be submitted via:

In Person at Office of Residential Life and Housing located in Penfield Hall, use the side entrance (north ​side of building closest to College Rd.)

Office of Residential Life & Housing
600 Mt. Pleasant Ave.
Providence, RI 02908​

Faxed to (401) 456-8501​

Email to

Withdrawing from the College

Residents who are withdrawing from the College need to complete paperwork with the Office of Student Life and the Office of Residential Life and Housing. Withdrawing from the college does not automatically withdraw you from housing; separate paperwork will need to be completed. Please download the Residential Life and Housing/Dining Contract Appeal Cancellation Request.

Students are required to file proper paperwork with the Office of Student Life to officially withdraw from the College. Please contact the Office of Student Life at (401) 456-8061. They are located in the Student Union on the 4th floor. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​HousingReleaseForm2019.pdf

Page last updated: July 15, 2019