Things To Bring When You Move In
The following information has been provided for you to assist you in preparing for move-in day. Please read the information carefully and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (401) 456-8240.
What is provided in each room
- Bed frame and mattress (regular twin)
- Desk and desk chair
- Built in closet or a movable wardrobe
- Wall light and/or desk light
- Dresser (except for Sweet Hall)
What to bring/consider
- Curtain/shade for the bedroom window
- Pillow, linens and blankets
- Waste basket
- Clock radio or alarm clock
- Portable refrigerator (less than 4.6 cubic foot, UL listed models only)
- Radios, CD players, computers and televisions without antennas are permitted
- Grounded power strips and surge protectors are allowed in the halls
- Posters and pictures to brighten up your space
- Floor rug
What not to bring
- Cooking appliances: hot pot, hot kettle, toaster, toaster oven, George Forman Cooker, hot plate, rice cooker, slow cooker, instant pot, etc.
- Electric heaters of any kind (only UL listed electric blankets are allowed)
- Dogs, cats, gerbils, monkeys, etc. - basically any living creature other than yourself or a flake-eating fish
- Hover boards
- Candles of any kind (this includes white-wicked decorative candles)
- Incense, incense burners or potpourri burners
- Alcohol (including empty, decorative alcohol bottles) and illegal drugs
- Halogen lamps
- Christmas lights, hanging lights, rope lights, lanterns, or any form of temporary lighting. Please use UL approved 100-watt or less lamp
- Extension cords of any kind (power strips and surge protectors ARE allowed)
- PLEASE NOTE: For your protection, any electrical items brought into the Residence Halls must be UL (United Laboratories) approved. This means that the item has been checked and is considered electrically safe. Any items without this sticker or tag will not be allowed in the Residence Halls.
Download a checklist to take with you while shopping or packing.
The checklist should be used as a guideline while shopping/packing. You may not want or need everything on the list or there may be something missing.
*Subject to Change*
Incoming first-year residents (Sweet, Penfield Hall Doubles, and Willard Hall residents) can move onto campus on
Friday, August 24, 2018.
Incoming first-year students move-in based on their LAST Name
M-Z: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
A-L: 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Residents living in Browne, Thorp, Weber and Penfield Hall Singles can move-in on Sunday, August 26, 2018.
Returning and upperclassmen residents move-in based on their LAST Name
M-Z: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
A-L: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Classes start on Monday, August 27, 2018.