National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH)
The National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) is the premier honor society for Residential College Students across the nation. The Anchor Chapter of NRHH here at RIC is affiliated with NEACURH (The North East Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls) and NACURH (The National Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls). Through our affiliation with these two larger regional and national organizations we are able to share resources and establish connections with other chapters at other institutions across the nation. We pride ourselves on our two values of service and recognition and all of our initiatives and programs can be traced back to one of these values.
NRHH provides ample leadership experience and personal as well as profession development opportunities to its members through involvement in service and advocacy based programs. In the past members have affectionately referred to The Anchor Chapter specifically as a home full of family and friends. The Diamond is the symbol for NRHH because of its inner strength and external beauty. The Diamond symbolizes the unique experience that one obtains from living in the residence halls system throughout college. Being inducted as a Diamond is a great honor because only the top 1% of students living on campus can join NRHH.
General NRHH Member Requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.5
- Have lived on campus for at least 2 semesters (can apply during the second semester)
- Plan on living on campus the following academic year
- Have demonstrated outstanding service and leadership ability
- Is in good standing with Rhode Island College
NRHH Members are expected to:
- Attend regular meetings, usually biweekly, on a day and time determined by the entire membership
- Assist in the coordination, planning and execution of events such as service projects and recognition ceremonies
- Act as a role model for other Rhode Island College students
Please apply today here:
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or suggestions!
Current Active Members:
Brendan Cody –Director of Development & Innovation
Rosario Romare – Director of Programming
Amanda Haluch – Director of Business & Administration